Wednesday 30 January 2013

EYE MAKE UP TRENDS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2013


Eye make up trends from the catwalk, will you be wearing them come Spring time?


As always when looking towards the upcoming Season for fashion and make up trends, there is no where more worthy of a first port of call than that harbinger of all that is on trend, that citadel of style, that bastion of exquisiteness...Vogue Magazine.

During fashion week all of the major fashion houses, including Chanel and Dior in Paris, Versace in Milan  and  Donna Karan in New York, Vogue tells us, were emphasising eyes, with longer than ever lashes, coloured eye liners and  jewelled eye lids! But how wearable will  these trends be for "real" women?

This model wears incredibly long lashes at the Gucci show, and after the past few seasons of ever growing falsies I am sure lashes of this length will be worn from Sugar Hut in Essex to the red carpets of Hollywood come Spring and Summer 2013.

Gucci S/S13
(photo from vogue.co.uk)

 This colourful look hit the catwalk during Donna Karans' show, probably not wearable for most women like this, but a thin line of pink on the top lid and on the bottom waterline? I think the toned down version will certainly be wearable for the under thirty age group out there.

Donna Karan models
(photo from vogue.co.uk)

Personally I find this version of the coloured eye liner trend, seen at Moschino cheap and chic, infinitely more wearable. And I think this will be a far more popular look than the pinks and lilacs seen on so many catwalks, although pink is the IN colour for Spring and Summer, so I suppose those slaves to fashion will wear it, whether it suits them or not.

Moschino catwalk model
(photo from company.co.uk)

So, onto the "jewelled lids" as seen here at Christian Dior. This look will not suit too many girls going down to the local pub or night club, but come festival time? Oh yes, these jewelled lids will be rocked by many at Glastonbury and Leeds, I am positive of that. In fact I am sure there will be many ageing hippies who wore flowers in their hair in 1968 charging a few pounds to bedazzle the eyelids of those not even born then. I'm thinking that had I managed to get Glastonbury tickets, I would have rocked this look with my red wellies myself! 

(photo company.co.uk)

So there we have it, the three big trends, according not only to Vogue, but to every fashion journalist at the Spring/Summer 2013 shows, will you be wearing them?


19 comments:

  1. i love the first pic, i think it's better to stay naturally but eyelash longer in summer.

    visit back,
    http://oldsunday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I prefer a natural look myself, but then again I am a bit too old to go for anything too outrageous, except at music festivals. I hope I am lucky enough to get to one this year. I will check your blog out, thanks for visiting mine hon x

      Delete
  2. I love pink eyeshadow! I have the colouring to suit it, and I think the key to getting it right is wearing black liner with it, so that the pink is not right against your eye, so you don't get that bloodshot look. I use black gel liner on the top waterline and a line on top lashes with pink :0) If I fancied the jewelled look for going out I think I'd use those lashes with the band of crystals along the seam, or stick a couple on with eyelash glue like flicky eyeliner! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You actually make pink eye shadow sound nice the way you wear it x

      Delete
  3. Love the first pic, not quite sure about the others!! Lol :)
    Loulovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, well apart from if I was going to a festival, then I would wear any crazy look lol x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried false lashes, but that first photo makes me want to! I do have some pink shadow that I wear as a base, but it is more dusty rose than shocking pink. I am still on the hunt for a "perfect" eye liner, so maybe this is my year to find it! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am following you and will be going back to read all of your posts! I'm excited to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sara x I haven't tried false eye lashes yet either, but I really want to this year. I think with great eye lashes and a bit of eye liner I would feel good to go anywhere. I actually bought some different coloured eye shadows a few weeks ago in the sale, although no pink lol, and I am dying to try them out now. Maybe my attemptes to wear them would make a good blog post? We'll see! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, makes me want to try out some false lashes for the first time x

      Delete
  7. I like the idea of one prominent colour, but it just wouldn't be bright pink!

    Returning the follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x I know I would look like I had been crying for a week if I went with the pink eye shadow trend! Think I will stick with my neutrals x

      Delete
  8. Thank you Leyla, I hope you entered my giveaway hon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice look at the key make up trends for this season. Think I can only brave the coloured eyeliner though and not the full on sequins.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's too bad that my eyes are small so i can't really pull off too many cute eye make ups.. but i'll definitely try the blue eyeliner one, it looks gorgeous!
    btw, i'm following you now :)

    AllTheLusciousThings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are pretty fun. I used to do a bit of the teal under eye liner, perhaps I'll have to try it again. :)

    mellowfellowgoesforaride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the pink lined eyes at Donna Karan could possibly work with lots of mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your kind comment and stopping by our blog! Following back, what an informative blog you have! I'm loooving those bedazzled eyes, surprised I haven't seen that on beauty blogs before, even as an extravagant eye look. Don't know how wearable it is, but Dior gets a thumbs up from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for popping over to my blog, being a makeup geek I love makeup but non of these appeal to me x

    Aqeelakeela.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx