Saturday 12 January 2013

A 52 year old with wrinkles reviews MUA!

Normally I think most women in my age group tend to go for higher end make up products, hoping the hype is true and we will look younger if we use a £15 eye shadow and a £40 foundation. I myself have been guilty of this, and have only recently started buying low price cosmetics from the likes of ELF and MUA. Well here are the results of using my latest MUA purchases, although I still had to use some of my normal non-MUA products, as I haven't bought everything they have to offer...yet!

MUA make up and primer

Of course I used one of the already famous palettes, Heaven and Earth, as it contains my normal every day colours. I have had this a few weeks and I am very happy with it. Costs only £4 
My newest purchases are all the other items in this photo.
 Eye primer, £2.50
 Face primer, £4.00
 Pro-base Makeup fixing mist £5.00
 E5 eyelash brush £1.50

I also used the items in this photo.


Clinique chubby stick in Heaping Hazelnut £16
Benefit 10 £23.50
No 7 tinted moisturiser £11.50
Maybelline Pulse Perfection £5.00 (on sale at Amazon)

OK, so how does MUA work on an older, therefore wrinkly face? Pretty damn good actually. I have never used primers before, but have to say they do help make up go on smoothly and help it stay on for longer, result! 

MUA palette

I used the eye primer before adding three of the colours from the palette to my eye lids,the first pale one on the top row, and the two darker hues on the bottom right of the palette. The colours blended well and looked pretty much how I wanted them to look for daytime. I think for night time I would try applying with a damp brush or sponge for more depth though. I even used the darker colours to line my eyes when I always normally use an eye liner pencil. I was very happy with both the pigmentation and application of these shadows, good job MUA! I like that the primer doesn't add any colour and is a white smooth liquid too. I also brushed my eyelashes through with the fabulous MUA lash brush, it really helped get rid of the little clumps I had.


Wow looks like I had huge dark circles under my eyes in this pic, that's probably because I did lol


Full frontal shot so you can see how brushing through my lashes with the MUA lash brush separated my lashes.

I rarely wear full foundation as I think as one gets older/aka wrinklier, even the best foundations settle into wrinkles. Therefore I always use a tinted moisturiser, which never settles into any lines. The only exception is when I go out in the evening to somewhere I know will be hot and sweaty I use bare minerals powder foundation. I still used the face primer though to see if my tinted moisturiser would last all day, it did. For my blusher I used Benefit 10, which I had asked Santa for :) I think it takes some practice with this blusher to get it right as it is so easy to get too much of the darker colour on your cheeks. Once you perfect application though it really does give your face some shape.

Lastly I used my Clinique chubby stick, I love the chubby sticks, so soft and moisturising on my lips and can not recommend them enough.




Sorry the photo isn't better, but I hope you can get an idea of how my face looks for a day time/natural make up. I also wanted people to see how make up looked on an older face, as every make up review I read is on beautiful, young, and unlined skin, that doesn't help me to know how make up will work with wrinkles.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading and seeing how lower priced make up works on older skin, particularly how MUA products work, as it's nice to know that as we get older we don't have to spend a fortune on cosmetics. I think MUA are just going to get bigger and better! I recommend the palette and the primers, let me know if you have tried them and how you found them, or if you have any questions for me.








20 comments:

  1. Your blog has been nominated for an award hun http://beautyboxswaps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy. Someone nominated me the other day and I have drafted a blog on it but I don't know enough peolpe with less than 200 followers to nominate yet x

      Delete
  2. thanks so much for entering my giveaway, i have followed back.

    im a big fan of mua cosmetic, such a bargain!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love your blog btw xx

      Delete
  3. I must be the only one yet to try MUA, and I love No7, but sadly it is not available here in Australia!

    Thanks for visiting my blog - I hope you entered my giveaway too.
    Im now following your blog - hope you will follow mine too!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah MUA is fab, so cheap too, but like you I also love No 7

      I did enter your amazing giveaway and I am now following u=you on GFC

      Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. Hi, I enjoyed this post! Must try Mua keep hearing positives. Sleek is only really budget brand I've tried and I'm loving it. Just be careful about using the shadows damp. If they are cheap, in general you can't use wet, as they will get a sort of glaze over the top and be ruined. It's usually only better quality or baked products you can use wet. But try a wee corner of one to experiment and let me know if it worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah you should definitely try MUA, they always have free gifts and special offers on too! Thanks for the heads up on the wet shadows, never really bought cheaper ones till recently so didn't know that. xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I'm loving MUA as well - I use my Heaven & Earth palette wet for eyeliner and it's great! xo http://cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandra. Good to know it's ok to use wet, I haven't tried it wet yet! xx

      Delete
  6. This is a great look, your makeup looks fab on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Loz. It's always a bit unnerving posting pics of yourself on a blog at first, especially when everyone else is so much younger. Hopefully I will get more relaxed about in the future x

      Delete
  7. MUA are fantastic. Your blog is really picking up. Well done :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think MUA are going to be huge this year, everyone loves them it seems, and thank you xx

      Delete
  8. I think MUA products are pretty good especially with a good primer, i always swear by face primer and eye primer on my lids and below to prevent creasing wit my concealor, great post hun and welcome to the blogger world

    Missy
    http://www.nadmnewgirlinthecity.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy. Like I said this is my first experience with primers but I am a convert x

      Delete
  9. love your blog! Keep going with it!Would you like to follow each other on gfc and fb? Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Emillana, just been by your blog, i love it, so many fabulous clothes you have xx i followed you on GFC x

      Delete
  10. Oh..i love the Clinique Chubby Stick! i have the same color as yours..hehe..anyway, thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post about Rocker outfit..i appreciate that!
    i love your blog, very informative!! lovveeee!!!

    i am your new follower...

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we have the same taste, no wonder i love your outfits so much x thank you for following me and your lovely comment xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx