Sunday 6 January 2013

Aghhh my first blog post!

So, I subscribe to lots and lots of blogs, mainly beauty inspired ones, and I love them. BUT I am 52 and feel there are hardly any bloggers over the age of 30, so although I love their blogs, a lot of what they write is not really relevant to me and my life.

Trying to decide what to write about isn't easy though, but I think I will concentrate on make-up and beauty products, and how they work for the over 40s, and bargain hunting. The bargain hunting has had to become a way of life for me over the past few years, but the long, rather sad, story of why can wait for another day, I don't want to chase any possible viewers away by depressing the pants of them just yet!

I enter lots of competitions, and win a few, so I will post those I enter here in case you haven't seen them. And, although it's an over used phrase, you really do have to be in it to win it. Sometimes I forget about competition I have entered, and what the prize is, like yesterday, a Diesel shopping/tote bag, body lotion and nail file turned up with the post man. I have no idea where they have come from, as there wasn't even a note with them, but I am happy to have them. I do enter a lot of competitions and when I win it helps spread my meagre income that bit further, by allowing me to not buy the products I have won, or serving as a gift for someone.

Diesel bag competition



This is what arrived yesterday. Not bad for a few clicks on my keyboard, and a nice surprise as Diesel never contacted me to say I had won something. If you happen to know when, or where, this competition was please let me know as I always like to thank companies that send me a prize.


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Even better because it was a total surprise. Thank you for commenting, I'd be made up if you would follow my blog too. This is my first day so need all the followers I can get :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi Angela, congrats on starting your blog, I'm sure a lot of people will find it helpful because as you mention there definitely seems to be a lack of 30/40+ beauty bloggers. I can't wait to have a read of your posts and I've followed you :)

    You asked for some feedback, and I think everything is looking great so far. The only things I'd suggest is maybe moving your 'About Me' section further to the top of your blog as it's nice to see who the author is when you click on a blog (you can do this by going to your blogger dashboard, choose layout from the drop down bar and move the about me section to the top of the column.) Also you may benefit from increasing the width of your text space, you can do this by choosing 'template' from the drop down bar on your blogger dashboard-->customise then 'adjust widths' on the left hand side. All just personal preference though, the important thing is to have it all how you like it :) If you get stuck with anything I'm always happy to help, good luck with your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for all the advice. I will go through everything you said when I get up, haven't gone to bed yet, oops! I really appreciate your advice, and I know I will be checking out your post on increasing followers with all the technical info, that will be so useful xx

      Delete
  3. Great post :) I love a good bargain too. Looking forward to reading more posts, following now

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stacey, I am following your fab blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx