Tuesday 12 March 2013

Freebies, a prize win & a Company Style Blogger Award Nomination!

Freebies


First I want to apologise for not having been here for almost a week. I have an ongoing health problem that affects pretty much every aspect of my life and this past week's absence was due to that health problem. So, my first post, now I am back, is just a short one showing you a couple of my freebies and even a prize win, from the past couple of weeks.

Elemental Herbology Perdy & Reed no oil oil Eau de Lacoste

Percy & Reed

Glamour magazine this month was giving a variety of Percy & Reed hair care products.  I received the Volumising No Oil Oil, which is probably the product I would have chosen out of those available. It was a double freebie for me as my Glamour magazines are from a twelve month  subscription I won in a competition last year. The RRP of a 60ml size is £14, therefore this 30ml freebie is worth £7, not bad hey? I haven't tried it yet but will do a full review when I do.

Percy & Reed No Oil Oil

Eau de Lacoste

Next was an Eau de Lacoste roll on perfume freebie. I believe I signed up on their facebook page in the hopes of being one of the people who received this. I apply for so many freebies and enter so many competitions it is difficult to keep up I'm afraid, so hopefully it was from facebook :) I received a 6ml roller ball bottle that is perfect to throw in my handbag and smells wonderful, very light and uplifting, and one I wouldn't mind purchasing in the future. I have never considered buying a Lacoste perfume so this is a great marketing move, much better than the little wipe on samples, which I actually received one of in the post today! This perfume retails at around £40 to £45 for 50ml making this freebie worth around £5, not too bad.

Eau de Lacoste

Elemental Herbology

My final freebie worth noting was a 30ml, Elemental Herbology cell plumping facial hydrator, with spf 8. I did have to pay postage for this, £3.50, but considering a 50ml size retails for around £42 and this is a 30ml size, therefore worth around £25, I think it was well worth it. It does feel nice on my face, I feel it fully moisturises even my ageing skin, and even leaves my face with a brightened, almost glowing look. As I have only used it a couple of times up to now I will wait to make up my mind on whether to repurchase or not, but I am very pleased with this product that only cost me the price of shipping.

elemental herbology cell plumping facial hydrator


Competition Prize

Makeon Princess

Finally, I also received a prize that I won last month through a facebook competition with WISHTREND. I won my first Korean make up product and I am thrilled as Korean make up is definitely the current big thing in the make up scene. The products I won are  from the Makeon Princess limited edition collection - Super Long Lasting Waterproof Gel Eye Liners. As with all Korean make up the packaging is very pretty, and as it is a tin I will be able to use it to put my little bits and bobs in once I take the products out of it and into my make up storage. There are 5 eye pencils in the tin that range from a charcoal/black colour through brown and right up to a bright gold. They are very pigmented but blend down easily and are so smooth to apply, not dragging my eye at all. I would definitely buy this brand again when I see it, as from the packaging to the quality of the product I am very impressed.

Makeon long lasting eye liner box

 How cute is this packaging? I love it!

Makeon eye liner


What a great range of colours.

Have you had any great freebies or won any nice prizes lately? Let me know in the comment section, I would love to hear about them.



                                    ********************************************

COMPANY #style blogger awards 2013


I almost forgot to mention that I have been nominated for the Company Magazine new comer blogger award. Now I doubt very much I would get anywhere near the short-list but I thought I would let you know and ask that if you have the time, and like my blog of course, perhaps you could go and vote for me here You need to enter your email and my URL, which is http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/    I know it's a lot of messing around to vote but if you do I would really appreciate it, and fully understand that you may have already found a blog to vote for. xx





14 comments:

  1. OMG ... makeon princess is so cute..
    i want it >,<
    but don't know where i can get it .. TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from a Korean company as a prize in a competition so I don't know where to get it either, sorry x

      Delete
  2. The Makeon Princess packaging is gorgeous! The Elemental Herbology Hydrator and the Percy & Reed hair oil sound lovely, too.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel I have been very lucky lately, so many nice freebies and prizes x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Makeon Princess has such adorable packaging! I want!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first Korean make up and I have been dying to own some so I was very happy that I won it :) x

      Delete
  4. I managed to get my hands on the Percy and Reed conditioner it is actually a great size and smells lovely generally a good conditioner and I'm quite picky with that stuff..also well done on receiving the blogger nomination and Good Luck!

    http://kumbear-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I received a large Percy and Reed conditioner and shampoo for Christmas and they are both really good. Thank you for stopping by x

      Delete
  5. the makeon princess packaging looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, all Korean make up seems so well packaged, so cute x

      Delete
  6. I miss British Glamour magazine. I've lived in England for almost half a year and I loved getting freebies with the magazine. Back here in The Netherlands you don't get freebies with the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks that you miss out on the freebies, some of them are really good these days. I won my Glamour subscription in a competition so the freebies are even better value for me :) x

      Delete
  7. I got the Percy & Reed finishing cream stuff! I love freebies, I do a weekly post of the freebies I have gained each week...it's that bad haha

    Ashleigh x

    lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I can't resist a freebie either, or a great bargain of course xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx