Sunday 3 March 2013

February Empties

I managed to use up lots of samples in February :)





Ojon conditioner, Love etc, Dirty works body spray, silvikrin hairspray, Easy Touch hand wash

Easy Touch hand wash. I bought a couple of these when they were on offer in Superdrug for about £1 each. I liked it, it smelt fresh, lathered nicely and was well worth the price. I would definitely buy again.

Love Etc Body Wash. Received this for Christmas in a gift set from the Body shop. This has a lovely fragrance, fresh and a little sweet and I could still smell it on my skin a few hours after my shower. It lathers up  really well and makes the bathroom smell lovely. I will definitely buy this again, or ask for it for Chistmas again.

Dirty Works Body Spray. I bought this from Sainsbury's at half price, 99p! Love how clean this smells, I spray it all over after my shower and could always smell it on my skin a good 3 or 4 hours later. I have already repurchased this as I didn't want to be without it, and for 99p it's a bargain.

Silvikrin Firm Hold Hairspray. This is just a travel size I have taken out in my handbag and when I stayed out overnight. I have used this hairspray for several years so will definitely be buying again. The full size of Silvikrin hair sprays range from around £3 to £3.50.

Ojon Hydrating Thickening Conditioner. As I tend to have several shampoos and conditioners on the  go at once this has been open for a few months and I am glad to finally finish it as I have others I am dying to try. I have had this conditioner before and it is one I do really like. It makes my hair soft and shiny and it does seem to hydrate and thicken my hair, until the next wash. As with all Ojon products I have tried I would certainly repurchase this one and at £19.50 for 250ml I think it's good value for money.

Garnier 7 day moisturiser, Estee Lauder Night Firming, Nivea Pure and Natural, Rodial Dragons Blood Rodial glamtox Decleor foaming cleanser Green people hydrating serum

 I have been determined to use up some of my rather large supply of samples and this month I have used a few as you can see.

Garnier intensive 7 days body moisturiser. I did like this, is moisturised well and sank in quite quickly. As a lower priced moisturiser I would repurchase this when I don't have more high end ones in stock. I still have quite a few samples of it left which I am quite happy to use. And it is only $4.99 for 400ml

Green People hydrating firming serum. I absolutely loved what little I had to try of this. My skin felt instantly hydrated and I felt with continued use this one would actually help with firming my skin. I would love to have some more of this and at only £11.95 for 50ml I'm sure I will be buying some real soon

Estee Lauder advance night repair. This is a great sized sample, lasting me about two weeks so I got a good idea of how it worked. It worked great for me, my skin felt lovely and soft after using it and I felt there was some improvement in the appearance of my fine lines using this for the two weeks. Luckily I have a couple more of these samples but I will think seriously about buying the full size product when they are used up as it costs £45 for 50ml. If I see it on sale I will definitely buy some though.

Decleor Foaming Cleanser. I have a couple of decleor products in this travel size that I received in a set, and they are a great size to test whether you like it enough to buy the full size product, I do, and will definitely buy this at some point in the full size. You only need a small amount to get a nice lather to wash your face with and it leaves your face lovely and soft and very clean feeling, a really nice product. They have this on offer on Amazon for £22.00 for 200ml, well worth that price in my opinion, as you don't need a lot of product each time you use it.

Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel. I was dying to try this as I had heard great things about it. I have to say I was quite disappointed after all the hype. It was ok, nothing more and nothing less. I didn't feel my skin looked or felt any better after using it, but perhaps after regular use it would feel better. Going off the sample I had I won't be buying this again as it costs £75 for 50ml!

Nivea Pure and Natural Regenerating Night Cream. This was the biggest surprise of all the samples I used last month. Nivea is not an expensive product line and I have never been a fan in particular, so I was pleasantly surprised with this and how great my skin felt after using it. My face felt smooth and moisturised and as good as it does after using more high end products. I will definitely buy this product again, I love it! Not only is only £5.35 for 100ml but at the moment it is on a 3 for 2 deal at Boots.

Rodial Glamtox Day. This moisturiser felt nice, my skin was moisturised but again nothing special. At £75 for 50ml I honestly would expect more from this product therefore  I will not be repurchasing this.

Ojon conditioner Dirty works body spray Estee lauder night frming Nivea pure and Natural Rodial dragons blog green people firming serum

Well I had mixed feelings about my samples this month. I expected great things from the Rodial ones and was disappointed, perhaps if they gave better size samples with enough for a few days I would have felt differently, but with only enough for one use I was not convinced, whereas the Garnier body lotion was better than I anticipated and the Nivea moisturiser was really good, and really cheap. I feel by using the Nivea sample I have discovered a product I probably would not otherwise have tried, so a great result. The Estee Lauder sample I have used in a sample before so I knew liked it. The Green People serum was another nice surprise which I may have bought anyway as I like Green products, but now I know I will definitely be buying it, I think the price is great for such a good product.

Did you use up any samples last month? And if so were there any that surprised you, either positively or negatively?





31 comments:

  1. Looks like you did pretty well this month! Shame about the Rodial samples, I LOVE (and this is an understatement) the dragon's blood line - it has worked miracles for my skin. Maybe with a larger sample you could get a better feel for the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's why I was so disappointed, I had heard great things about the dragon's blood range. I wouldn't mind but Rodial head office/PR sent me those samples, you would think they would be more generous. What I have found over the years is it is always possible to find cheaper brands that work just as well as higher end products, but i still buy higher end products most of the time. I mean I saw all the test results a year or so ago for anti ageing serums and Aldi came out top, above every high end brand but I have only ever bought it a couple of times, madness lol Clthing and perfume you can always tell if it's cheap, skin care an dmake up not so much, but we must be addicted to high end brands I think. x

      Delete
  2. wow...I love free samples. Where and how did you get those? secrets please. I use to get samples daily and even sent a care package to a friend a while back and she loved it. I love any kind of samples. last one i got was from target but i think all it was was tooth paste. i love shampoo and conditioner and deo and body wash samples.

    stop by my blog or email me to let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am signed up for several free sample sites, but in the UK, you should do an online search for American ones. You see new product samples advertised on free sample sites all the time. You can ask at any beauty counter in the larger stores for samples too, you normally get several different types of samples and decent sizes off the make up girls selling the products. x

      Delete
  3. didnt know stores did that.

    i'll have to look up these movies that you mentioned and watch em and see how i feel about em. i definitely loved the notebook scene. i wouldnt fore play when it came to ryan gosling LOL.

    and no kenny chesney music isnt played in the bedroom of course. LOL unless it's certain songs. not sure i've ever had music played in the bedroom for me. what man does that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no I would still need the foreplay even with Brad "be still my heart" Pitt. Hey woman if you haven't had Marvin Gaye played for you at "those" times you haven't lived lol But yeah I have had men play music in the bedroom even if it's just from the radio alarm clock back in the day, tuned to one of the smooth music channels, well they are all pretty smooth at 1am aren't they? x

      Oh yes those women on the make up counters in Foleys, macy's and sephora etc will always give samples. Tell them you are looking for a new foundation, moisturiser or whatever and you need samples to choose the right one. say you want a good one aka expensive and you will get channel, mac etc etc, they want you to come back and give them commission so will be happy to give you samples. x

      Delete
  4. Great finds ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a nice sunday , lovely !


    XX Luba

    Fashion meets Social consciousness in LOV project today on
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Luba x

      Delete
  5. keep leaving comments and they keep not showing up!!!

    Lov the post hun, want to try the body spray, i love Dirty Works, i use the Body Scrub and great prices!!

    I never get any samples when i ask in stores...even when someone has written what they got, and i try the same in the same kinda store and bubkiss... :(
    Have a secret source that say some of the boots staff keep them for themselves...booo on Boots!
    hope this one posts, cos im not writing it again, lol!!!
    Claire
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it finally did post :) I don't know why you don't get samples, you should email companies you like on their "contact us" link and ask them how to get samples of something specific, they may send them or direct you to a certain shop, then you can take their reply with you so they can't refuse. I get most from free sample sites, they list some every day and if it's something i like i apply for some. Do a facebook or google search and sign up for some.
      Thanks for working hard to send your comment i appreciate it, very much x

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea! Do you mention the word "blog" when you contact them? I imagine in what we are in now is a bloggers world it very well may help.
      You've actually inspired me to also dig out these samples I apply for and then normally put them in a box and when swapping or selling I put z few in with the items but I should be trying them! That's why their samples I guess!!
      Do you have any store or brand recommendations to politely ask?
      Thanks Hun
      Xxx
      (Need to thank you more for the other post but won't let me do it on the phone so when I'm next on the computer I'm jumping back here!!!)

      Delete
    3. That's a good idea! Do you mention the word "blog" when you contact them? I imagine in what we are in now is a bloggers world it very well may help.
      You've actually inspired me to also dig out these samples I apply for and then normally put them in a box and when swapping or selling I put z few in with the items but I should be trying them! That's why their samples I guess!!
      Do you have any store or brand recommendations to politely ask?
      Thanks Hun
      Xxx
      (Need to thank you more for the other post but won't let me do it on the phone so when I'm next on the computer I'm jumping back here!!!)

      Delete
  6. That is a lot of empties! I need to go through my Glossyboxes and use up the rest of my samples there xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep applying for samples and was wondering why, when i wasn't using them, so decided to start using some up. you find some things surprising, like the dragon's blood and nivea samples! x

      Delete
  7. I love ojon too! Don't mind to pay extra for the quality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if it works well it's worth the extra. x

      Delete
  8. Hi Angela~ Thanks for stopping by Turnips 2 Tangerines! I need to look into this free samples stuff...I had no idea:) Have a Great Week~ Nothing better than smooth jazz playing from an alarm clock radio at 2am:) Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha good time for smooth jazz, 2am x You should search fr some sample sites and sign up, i get loads x

      Delete
  9. LOVE IT! :) nice blog you have <3 following each other?

    VISIT LA STYLE MUSE PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never seem to do a empties post cos I never use everything up well I do but not much in a month lol, thanks for following my blog I'm following back, I also have just added Bloglovin if you would like to follow through there

    Aqeelakeela.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that with make up, i never seem to use any up. And one of the reasons i started using my sample stash up was to have more to post about x

      Delete
  11. I'm following you now sweetie via bloglovin’ and GFC,
    Be sure to follow me back!!!
    Thank you for your lovely comment :)
    Speak soon,
    Have a great day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your lovely comment
    I'm following you now =D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for the follow I am following you back now x

      Delete
  13. hi! thanks for visited my blog..
    following you now :) follow me back okay..
    kisses from indonesia :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing products! Have a nice weekend:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx