Wednesday 16 January 2013

Mini, bargain, haul!

Well, I had to nip into Stockport today to pick up something I had ordered from Argos, can't tell you what as it's a gift for someone who may see this blog, but while there I had to have a quick look in Poundland - of course, and a wee nosey at Monsoon/Accessorize, which happened to still have some of their 70% off sale items left, unlike Boots whose shelves were totally stripped by the mad sale hoards this morning! Anyway here are the items I can show you...

 First Poundland, which I don't manage to get into very often :(


The Johnson's cotton buds are the huge tub, 200, which at £1 isn't a huge saving on Boots' price of £1.25, but still a saving for any bagainistas out there. The Rimmel 60 seconds polishes are £3.69 in Boots, while the Sally Hansen insta-dry polishes range from around £5.00 to almost £7.00 depending where you buy them. The Toni and Guy straight protect conditioner is a travel size and normally retails for around £1.50. Finally the i-care eye make up remover wipes were 2 packs for £1, I have never seen these anywhere but pound shops, but I buy them regularly as quite honestly they work as well, and sometimes better, than my Elemis and Olay wipes or any of my high end liquid make-up removers.


Anyone who knows me knows my current favourite nail polish colour is blue, in fact it has been for the better part of a year, and I can't resist buying any, and every, shade I find. I really like this particular blue as it is different to any of my current collection. I will do a NOTD post when I decide to use it. The red is lovely and glittery and the pink will be great for Summer on my toe nails, so I am pretty pleased with them all.

Next I popped into Monsoon/Accessorize, where I made a couple of nice purchases for gifts but also bought a couple of nice little bits pour moi in the 70% off section.



I love anything with Union Jacks on, I think it first happened when I emigrated to America and became very patriotic to Old Blighty, and these lovely little packets of tissues more or less threw themselves at me. At 57p, down from £1.90 a pack I decided they belonged in my handbag and bought a couple of packs. Then, as I was paying, I noticed they had nail polish at 70% off at the till. I choose these two coffee and cream shades as I think they fit in with the current nude trend quite well. These cost £1.20, down from £4.00.

So there we have it, my mini bargain haul, except for these...



Oh how I love Toffifee, and I never see them anywhere but pound shops. As much as I wanted to buy up all their stock, I didn't, I just bought one box as I have absolutely no self control when it comes to these sweeties, I will eat them until I feel physically sick, like a greedy puppy. They were lovely with a nice cup of tea when I got home.

If you have managed to get any great bargains lately I would love to hear about them.




8 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! What great bargains. Is it sad that I've never had the Toffifee before? Lucky I'm on a health kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredibly sad that you have never had the pleasure of Toffifee before, you haven't lived obviously lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh we only just got a poundland when I live so I have been going a little bit bargain crazy recently! Ahh accessorize nail polishes are great. I always get their glitter ones, and they seem to last a long time before chipping. Great read :)

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for taking the time to visit and comment dear x

      Delete
  4. Hello! I'm now following your blog, replied to your comment on FBL last night.

    Helen X

    babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Helen for following my blog, I really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I love the bargains I find in £shops... it's a steal in my opinion, as the same things cost much more outside. I've recently relocated so am yet to find my £shop around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get into the pound shops too often there isn't one near where I live but when I do I love it and always spend about £30, then wonder how could i have bought 30 things lol x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read every single one and reply as often as possible. If you are going to follow me my preferred option would be through GFC, but of course I am very happy to be followed which ever way you prefer. Again thank you for commenting, it makes me so happy to see I have new comments.
Angela xxx